Monday, June 18, 2007

Oh the civility...

By Libby

It appears Glenn Greenwald touched a nerve among the armchair warriors of the mighty 101st Keyboardists with his post on the media's obsession with the "manliness" of the GOP candidates and the propensity of the winger war drum beaters of Rightopia to paint their political opponents as effete elites.

Insty got so exercised over it, he actually responded to the post directly, in his usual passive-aggressive manner with a deliberately obtuse post, but of course he left the heavy lifting to his posse. Via Matt Yglesias, witness the much vaunted civility of the wingers.
I really think that questioning others' masculinity is a game probably better left to people who haven't had more cock in and out of them than a Tyson Chicken regional distribution center.
I'll spare you the rest of the Ace of Spades homoerotic imagery. I'd rather not post such vile language on this blog, but you can find it if you follow the links. He concludes, after Insty's gal Friday, Ann Althouse translates for him, that Glenn called them wimps. Ace's rant can also be translated to a few words. He offers the brilliant comeback -- oh yeah, well you're a homo.

I wasn't going to bother to blog about this but Althouse offers up such hilariously incoherent response that I can't resist. You can get a stomachache from irony this rich.

She complains that "day after day, Salon features a blogger who goes on and on in the most tedious way." And she expounds on this at great length in her typically tedious, completely narcisstic way. Here's just a small sample.
You know, Glenn G can't just "listen" to the radio, he has to have "the opportunity to listen" to the radio. So you listened to the radio? Who cares if it was last week and the car was a rental car and you were not only driving you were also traveling? It's like his little heart leaps every time he sees the opportunity to lard in a few more words, like a schoolboy assigned to write a 500-word essay.
This from a woman who spills thousands of words a week on her own blog talking about -- well -- herself and rails on and on and on for well over 500 words here on why she doesn't like Glenn. Then without a trace of irony, she ends her little temper tantrum with this pearl.
Where is Greenwald's self-examination and self-deprecation? All I ever see is self-importance and preening and condemning others as inferior, which kind of seems like a "pervasive and insecure craving for artificial masculinity [that] supplants rational and substantive political considerations."

This from a woman who vlogged herself watching American Idol while getting sloshed. Actually, the video is the main reason I posted this at all. When I pulled up the old link to what had to be the most pathetic, self-absorbed YouTube ever, I noticed that she edited out most of the drinking part. I saw that video when it first aired and there was definitely much more chugging of wine going on than that one sip at the end that she left in. You can see where the video jumps several times where she cut those frames.

But I digress. Back to our he-men 101st keyboarders, I think they doth protest too much. I mean, look at the evidence yourself. Do these look like guys who could handle anything more dangerous than an unexpected pizza delivery? These are the guys calling liberals wimps and surrender monkeys for not advocating to send other people to die for their own macho fantasies about war.

Of course the fabulous Ace isn't pictured in that set. We only have his own description to go by.
Is Instapundit A Homo? Well, I think I met him three times or something, and he never tried to pork me. Given the fact I'm 180 pounds of rompin'-stompin' Clydesdale-clompin' 180 proof sex, I'd say he successfully passed that test.
Such brave talk from a guy who's too cowardly to own his words and post under his real name. Unless and until he posts a picture and tells us who he really is, I think we can safely assume he's just another poseur who likes to talk tough but doesn't possess any real courage. I'm guessing he's probably not that sexy either.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Mustang Bobby said...

Thanks for calling them out, Libby. You nailed 'em. Beautiful.

8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks for the encouragement Bobby.

11:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sup guys. Long time reader, big time admirer, first time poster.

Not that GG really needs anyone to defend him, but good send up all the same. The fact that Insta is so much of a puss makes me sad to call myself a Tennessean, and a University of Tennessee alum besides. I can't wait for Reynolds to jump ship and enter the sordid woodshed of Tennessee politics fast enough. I think that's the purpose behind his entire blog anyway.

"Heh. I hate gay guys. Indeed."

12:57:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey anon. Thanks for the support. I know Glenn doesn't any help defending himself but sometimes this crowd pisses me off so much I have to let off some steam.

9:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home