Monday, March 19, 2007

Hilarious Hitchens

I mentioned this piece briefly in the post below but I really want to highlight it for quote of the day. Maybe it's just my warped sense of humor, but this is the first good laugh I've had in weeks. I think it's actually worth reading this whole Christopher Hitchens piece.

Even the format is amusing. Chris is apparently so lonely out there in lala land that he's interviewing himself. Come to think of it, he hasn't been around much lately. Kristof and Kagan have been getting all the attention lately. But back to the quote of the day, I couldn't choose between these two.

Was the terror connection not exaggerated?

Not by much....

So, you seriously mean to say that we would not be living in a better or safer world if the coalition forces had turned around and sailed or flown home in the spring of 2003?

That's exactly what I mean to say.

You might need to read the whole piece to get the context but I laughed out loud more than once.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger yashuwa said...

Hello,
yashuwa.blogspot.com

9:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was getting a lovely little giggle at this guy's roundabout lies, but when it became completely blatant

"The Bush administration never claimed that Iraq had any hand in the events of Sept. 11, 2001."

I had to give up or toss the pc.

Great post

12:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lll- well, mohammed atta meeting iraqi agengts in prague was one of the more direct ones. then zarqawi at the training camp.

I read a blog called justworldnews.org which is middle eaststuff. it doesn't get too personal but I remeber at one point she did a short post saying basically hitchens was a horrible alcoholic and she couldn't abide by the stuff he was turning out.

He has a fanatical hatred of religion and that cuold be his angle on the whole islamofascism thing. he wrote a book about how mother theresa was a fake and a fraud responsible for deaths of people in calcutta or something. the expose we'd all been waiting for

1:47:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think those rumors about his drinking problem may well be true. The last time I heard about him making a public appearance, the consensus was he was shit-face drunk and made an idiot of himself. And that was a really long time ago. I haven't seen him make any buzz for ages.

This struck me as an attempt to generate some Coulter like controversy. I mean the man isn't stupid. He can't possibly not know he's positing long debunked talking points.

3:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://antiwar.com/justin/

justin raimondo breaks down hitchens legacy. the picture of him at the book signing is priceless. why do they even bother putting the water out?

2:27:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks for the link Lester. How did your radio show go? I wasn't able to tune in.

6:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home