Tuesday, February 13, 2007

What's the difference between Glenn Reynolds and Zawahiri?

None that I can see. I can't bring myself to link to these hatemongers so I'll send you to Glenn Greenwald for the links and steal his excerpt from Glenn Reynolds' call for indiscriminate murder of civilian scientists and religious figures.
This has been obvious for a long time anyway, and I don't understand why the Bush Administration has been so slow to respond. Nor do I think that high-profile diplomacy is an appropriate response. We should be responding quietly, killing radical mullahs and iranian atomic scientists, supporting the simmering insurgencies within Iran, putting the mullahs' expat business interests out of business, etc.

Basically, stepping on the Iranians' toes hard enough to make them reconsider their not-so-covert war against us in Iraq. And we should have been doing this since the summer 2003. But as far as I can tell, we've done nothing along these lines.
So just for a little thought exercise let's rewrite those grafs as Ayman al Zawahiri might put these sentiments.
This has been obvious for a long time anyway, and I don't understand why the al-Qaeda has been so slow to respond. Nor do I think that high-profile diplomacy is an appropriate response. We should be responding quietly, killing radical Christian evangelists and American political pundits, supporting the hatemongering bloggers within the U.S., putting the evangelists' expat business interests out of business, etc.

Basically, stepping on the Americans' toes hard enough to make them reconsider their not-so-covert war against Islam and all Muslims. And we should have been doing this since the summer 2003. But as far as I can tell, we've done nothing along these lines.
Sounds pretty effing awful doesn't it? So how does that make Glenn Reynolds any better than Zawahiri? Same hate - different target.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home