Sunday, February 18, 2007

Unparalleled Perfidy Inanity

Jack Grant, I think he was writing for Wizbang at the time Dean Esmay*, once accused me of posting the longest string of non-sequiturs in the history of the English language - or something like that. I wore that crown with an odd pride for many years but I'm afraid I've been dethroned by this cliche ridden, embarrassing excuse for an editorial by Investor's Business Daily. It's not even worth picking apart since it shatters on its own weakness at even a cursory glance.
Short version. Damn that Murtha and his party for insisting on sending troops that are fully trained and properly equipped into a battlezone instead of being herded into the sandpit like dazed sheep at the slaughterhouse. And curse him for asking that the battle weary soldiers be given reasonable deployment criteria, appropriate rest periods and the guarantee that tours of duty won't be extended into infinity against their will. Because, everyone knows exhausted soldiers fight better and they have to got to fight until we win or die trying. Not that we hopeful Republicans can actually define victory, but we'll know it when we see it and we'll let you know when we get there.
Which I figure will no doubt be about the time the US goes bankrupt from passing out most of our revenues to the military contractors these guys invested in and is left defenseless by a completely depleted military.

Correction: *The memory plays tricks on us old people. I had to google the darn quote after Tobacco Joe commented. It wasn't Jack at all, but rather Dean Esmay who made that remark.
Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger MR said...

Why on earth would we want to leave? Look at all of the good we are doing over there in these videos:
http://minor-ripper.blogspot.com/2006/12/winning-hearts-and-minds-part-three.html

7:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack Grant? At Wizbang?

Oh, he'd love to hear that one, dear :-)

12:08:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Ripper. The link isn't working on this computer. I'll check out the link later.

Didn't Jack ever write at Wizbang Joe? It was at least two years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy but I thought he guested there for a little while. Now I'm going to have to see if I can find the link. I may have saved it somewhere. I pretty sure he's the one who said that about me though.

7:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home