Friday, February 16, 2007

If there's anything worse than a sore loser....

...it's a gloating winner. And the right wrongwingnuts have swung to both extremes this week. I've just come off a 14 hour day on 5 hours of sleep and I'm looking at 6 more days just like it. I'm tired and cranky and I don't have the inclination or the energy to really address adolescent nyah nyah posts like Dan Gerstein's nonsenical rantings. Neither am I even going to read pseudo citizen journalists who warn, Content warning: This post is very long, and it sucks because it's "about the nonentity Marcotte." If you read it, let me know what it says.

I already almost lost my breakfast when I read Howard Kurtz homage to Malkin this morning but at least he gave a passing nod to her criminal negligence in posting and reposting and reposting the teenage protestors contact information and unleashing her horde of nutcase hate monkeys on them. Oh wait - Kurtz didn't exactly paint it that way. You know, someone reminded me today that Kurtz has an occassional lapse into sanity, but mostly he is just such a hapless putz.

All I'm going to say is congratulations to the wingnut hate machine. I'm so impressed. You're mighty and strong. You took down Dan Rather, was it three years ago? And since then you've succeeded in getting a Walmart clerk, a CNN phone banker and video store clerk fired. And not to forget the NYT photographer who was the recipient of thousands of death threats for doing her job - taking pictures of Cheney's house with his permission. Great work.

And now you managed in only two weeks of concentrated effort to unleash the psychotic hate horde that adores you, into frightening two young women into quitting their jobs. I'm sure with all the media appearances and the huge donations they've personally made to the fat cats inside the Beltway, they didn't need the income. They'll just declare they're not afraid of death threats and immediately move to an undisclosed location and hire Blackwater to patrol their property.

I've been thinking since this started that this is big difference between the left and the right. Amanda and Melissa write about social groups and larger social issues. The wingnuts spend their energy targeting individuals who have the misfortune of falling within their cross hairs. When they didn't get fired, I said it was a victory for everyone. That they felt compelled to resign because of the hate machine that is now taking such large satisfaction from such a petty victory, is a loss for all of civilized society.
Bookmark and Share

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's as short and sweet as can be made, and you'e made it very clear. A civil society can handle the truth, even when the language is graphic.

Them that stick their fingers in their ears are stuck with the tedium of self-righteous censorship endlessly replaying a cassette loop, fearful to engage in any debate where the possibility of a better idea might make them wet their pants.

11:42:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I always feel honored when I discover you've been reading me Kevin.

And that's the truth I think. What drives the pack mentality of the wingnut extremists seems to be simple fear of the unknown. They don't seem to care about logic or reason. They take their comfort and validation from the group and feel threatened by and strike against anyone or anything that challenges the collective.

2:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the right wing has long since crossed the line into out and out self parody. we make fun of how they always have "outrages" and they make more of them. and no one cares anymore. the bloggers left bcause it was going to be a pain in the ass, not because they had any moral chang of heart or guilt about anything they had written.

I think it was the whole terri shiavo thing when people stopped caring about right wing outrages. it officially ended when john kerry did his "botched joke" that was the last one. virtually every story bill oreilly does now is some thing no one besides the right wing blogosphere knows or cares about.

3:45:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

You got that right Lester. By the way I'm glad to see you survived Valentine's Day. I was a little worried about you. I heard the weather was bad for driving after all.

3:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was hellish. My feet were soaked from 10 am till 7 pm. it was like 10 degrees out. it was like a 12 hour mad dash to unload cookies. and when I got back, they sent me out again with the orders some other guy couldn't take. I clocked mad loot though

5:47:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I was wondering if you got tips. Glad you made out and survived the ordeal. Eat some chicken soup so you don't catch a cold from the wet feet.

7:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get tips. I get 80% of the 17 dollars it costs for deliveries. I made like 30 deliveries that day

viva el capitalismo!

9:52:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That's better than tips eh Lester. Glad you were well compensated for your trouble anyway.

1:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home