Wednesday, January 24, 2007

What's the matter with health care

Bear with me kind readers. My schedule is heavy through tomorrow aftenoon but then it appears I'll have six days off so posting will resume at the usual pace. Meanwhile, I'm late in posting this but congratulations to Michael van der Galien at the Moderate Voice for scoring a guest op-ed from the Governator's spokeperson on Arnold's new health plan for California.

And of course our preznit also had some things to say about health care last night during the SOTU that I'd like to address but it will have to wait until probably tomorrow. I have a lot to say to about health care coverage and not enough time at the moment to say it all. For now all I'll say in general is the focus on shared blame for what's broken in the system is a fraud. The root cause of our health care crisis is the insurers, who have enjoyed record breaking profits for far too long while raising premiums, shortchanging reimbursements to medical care providers and denying coverage to those who most need it. It irritates me no end to see the onus placed on doctors and patients who are the victims of corporate greed.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home