Monday, January 22, 2007

Newsflash - al-Qaeda is plotting an attack

Oh sorry. That news that is 20 years old. Call me cynical, but Bush's approval rating is tanking. The SOTU is tomorrow. Nearly everybody hates his unitary escalation decision so today we're hearing about six month old intel regarding a 9/11 style plot -- and here's the good part -- being hatched by AQ in Iraq. Am I supposed to be terrified enough to support the escalation now? Because I'm not. There's still a greater chance I'll be killed in car accident on the highway than there is of dying in a terrorist attack.

Hot-headed young people are always dreaming up violent anti-establishment plots. A few succeed but most don't. We survived the Weathermen and the Black Panthers and the Symbionese Liberation Army in the 60s and we'll survive AQ if we stop providing them with their best recruiting tool - the flypaper theory. The trouble is, the flypaper didn't kill them, it gave them a breeding ground. As Richard Clarke pointed out, "Anyone willing to go to Iraq to fight American troops is probably willing to try to come to the United States."

And as long as we continue to occupy the country as a military force, they're going to keep coming to the terrorist training ground formerly known as the country of Iraq.
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

What Romunov said.
They're a will o'the wisp CIA cover and BinLaden probably has been dead for 5 years but still manages to put out messages timed oh so conveniently for the manipulators. Basically, it's to the point now Libby where if I see the name al Qaeda in a news report I know it's a propaganda piece.
Al Qaeda in Iraq! Such an obvious, obvious planted name just to make sure the rubes get it.

4:42:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Yikes Romunov. That's a lot of documentation. I've always thought the CIA set up as fake cells as there's likely to be real one.

Nolo - my thoughts exactly.

8:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just trying to say, things are not always what they seem to be, or are not what they are presented.

4:49:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Romonov I totally agree. I'm a conspiracy theorist from way back and I've been watching politics for 45 years. I'm certain the gov't not only lies, but that a lot of what goes on is CIA blackops. Don't misunderstand my comment. I was impressed by the amount of links. I just didn't have time to read them all.

7:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home