Sunday, November 26, 2006

Depends on what your definition of lame is

You know, I don't hate Glenn Reynolds. I never really liked him. I think he's a pompous ass, but I used to kind of admire him. I mean he was an early adopter and in a way he taught us all how to blog -- either by example or antithesis. But I never expected to have to feel sorry for him.

I mean, how utterly pathetic that a once mighty "tipping point" blogger is reduced to schoolyard taunting? And how even sadder that he has to fall back on his adoring acolyte Ms. Althouse for support? And I'm telling you it doesn't bode well for the future of our legal system when tenured law professors suffer from such a paucity of argument that they hurl insults and quibble over syntax rather than putting forward cogent points.

But I take no pleasure in seeing the mighty fall so low. It's a sad day in Blogtopia when Reynolds starts to sound like a man bitter about his growing irrelevance and jealous of a rising star's success, while his relationship with the nominally feminist Ms. Althouse begins to take on the Monica/Clinton dynamic that she professes to loathe so much.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home