Saturday, October 21, 2006

Catch a Buzz

I spend many hours every day perusing the news. I rely on many sources but the singlemost essential read of any day is Buzz Flash. I don't know how they do it, but they're the best news aggregator in the business. Every single day of the year they furnish an astounding list of links to the news that matters to the left and they provide this invaluable service for free.

They've just started a new group which they bill as a community-driven Internet site for pro-democracy progressives. It's appears to be shaping up as a Kos-like community without the egos. Check it out. I joined today and if I hadn't I would have missed these stories.
The Simpsons (yeah the cartoon) will be airing their most political episode ever with an alien invasion of Homer's hometown that includes such lines as, "But you promised we would be welcomed as liberators."

I came late to appreciating this show myself. I didn't get the Bart Simpson cowabunga thing at all but when someone finally forced me to watch it, I found it to be a surprisingly politically astute cartoon, along the lines of Rocky and Bullwinkle. This is one episode I don't want to miss.

And it's official. Bush has now declared himself Lord of the Universe. I guess he took all those references to Cheney being his Darth Vader a little too seriously. Where's Luke Skywalker when you need him?
There's plenty more where those came from and if you've got something you think needs more exposure, now you can create your own Buzz in what is so far a clique free environment. What could be better?
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home