Friday, May 05, 2006

Goss says goodbye

Sorry I didn't show up here yesterday. Every once in a while I lose my good sense and post comments on some of the rightwing blogs I visit and then feel obligated to defend my points. It's a lot of thankless work and time consuming but sometimes it feels like maybe you've cracked through the assumptions just a little and it sort of makes it feel worth it. Of course sometimes it feels rather more like banging your head against a brick wall but nonetheless, it still requires follow through in either case. In any event I think the round is over so it's time to look at the breaking news again and this is certainly interesting.

Porter Goss is resigning. I'm not sure what to make of that. I thought he was a rather loyal minion of the White House. I certainly didn't see it coming and it's hard to see any PR benefit to it in terms of the illusionary "shake-up" that Bolten is presently engineering. One can only think that in the next few weeks we'll see some scandal emerging with Goss squarely in the middle. That would fit the pattern established by the rest of the recently indicted White House loyalists.

Update: When in doubt trust Joe Gandelman to have the latest scoop. I found this pretty juicy.
The lively Internet tabloid Sploid minces no words about why it thinks this resignation took place — and gives a no-holds-barred account. A small part of it:
But the growing "Hookergate" scandal connected to convicted criminal Duke Cunningham and CIA executive director Dusty Foggo may have finally wrapped its whorish tentacles around Goss' neck.

"Something happened," neo-conservative magazine editor William Kristol said on Fox News this afternoon. "It's going to be a bad few days. We're going to discover something ... It will be something not good for the Bush Administration."

Fox News actually got a phone call from a "top White House official" during Kristol's damning comments, and Kristol was cut off so Bush mouthpiece Chris Wallace could say the Goss resignation is just a harmless part of the "White House shakeup." Sure.
I find that phone call rather telling. I may have called this one too long. It's beginning to appear that whatever it is, will come out sooner than later.
Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home