Thursday, March 09, 2006

Space - the final frontier

I love this stuff. I still remember the first orbit around the earth in those clunky space capsules. Who would have thought then that I would live to see pictures like this of Saturn's moon Enceladus.

Scientists have discovered geysers of water are erupting along those stripes at the bottom and postulate there's a lot of water, maybe boiling, under the icy surface. How much more they will learn depends on whether they can get their funding restored for further study. Like every other agency of our government, NASA has seen funding cuts in order to finance Bush's military follies in the Middle East.

Me, I'd rather finance exploration in space than domination on earth with my tax dollars.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Yukkione said...

Me too, and manned exploration. In order to go to mars we are developing nano medical devices and treatment. The two plus years in space will have to be healthy ones so NASA beleives having nano bots patroling the bloodstream and fixing prblems may be the way to do it. This is the kind of stuff that will benefit all of mankind. It's a big picture. It might also restore some of our national pride.

11:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wanted to join the Starship Federation. Stuff like this makes me believe that my grandchildren might get the chance.

5:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home