Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Quick hits

Think Progress deconstructs Rummy's latest press conference to its basic element.

Meanwhile, Rummy claims that US and foreign media are exaggerating the bloodshed in Iraq and that it's not as bad as they say. He claims the security security is really quite good. He should tell that to the family of the Iraqi general that was gunned down yesterday. Rummy says everyone else is "misreporting" the numbers and we should trust the administration to tell us the truth. If it wasn't such a deadly lie, it would be funny.

Congress signed off on the destruction of our civil liberties and renewed the Patriot Act with some cosmetic changes. The vote was a little less depressing than the Senate tally of only 10 votes against this roadmap for fascism. It passed 280 to 138 in the House. I've had it with this den of thieves and liars. I'm pledging to work towards unseating every candidate that voted for this atrocity. And don't even get me started on how absolutely lame the cold medicines provision addition is. Not only do they want the unlimited ability to spy on your every movement, now all Americans will be treated as suspected criminals for coming down with a cold.

Why does the Cato Institute hate Bush? Because he's "unconscionable," "irresponsible," "vindictive" and "inept." I love it when they talk like that.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

The Dana Milbank column was the best thing I've read all week. I wonder if LaPlante was invited to the party?

2:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always wonder about LaPlante but I think Mackinac is affliated with Heritage Foundation. I don't know if they're friendly with Cato or not.

Not that there's a lot of difference between the two orgs but I would think they compete from the same pool for grant money.

Anyway, I've always thought LaPlant is better connected than he lets on.

2:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home