Thursday, March 09, 2006

Daily reading list

I'm working all day and only have a moment to post so here's what I've been reading this morning.

I have too much to say about the latest GOP machinations that will effectively let Bush off the hook for the illegal secret surveillance on Americans under the NSA to say anything at the moment. All I can do is point you to this tepid overview of this mass sellout from the NYT and an editorial from WaPo that falls fair short of condemning this latest White House bailout but at least expresses some degree of disapproval.

Here's a really interesting debate at WSJ on economic inequality. Needless to say, I agree with Heather Boushey.

Rick Santorum needs a 12 step program. After swearing he would quit his habit, he's apparently still conducting weekly meetings with the K Street lobbyrotti.

A Veteran's letter to the President.

Another failure of "intelligence." Fresh dirt on the Dubai port deal.

And dissent in strange places. Joseph Farah of the right wing World Net Daily, gets the quote of the day. "While the Democrats will impeach Bush for the wrong reasons, I can't deny that in a righteous country that honored and lived up to its Constitution, Bush would surely deserve to be impeached."
Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Who's paying that Russell guy over at the WSJ to write that rubbish? I bet he's never known a poor person in his life - let alone had to choose between eating and heat.

I've about had it with people like him who defend the rich at the expense of the poor. I hope when they get to heaven (if they do) they have to serve the poor they walked all over here on earth.

3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Oops, meant to make one more comment.

Did you hear Dubai World Ports plans to transfer operations to a United States entity? I bet it will turn out to be Halliburton.

By the way, when you mentioned Blackwater Security in a post at the DetNews a couple days ago, I meant to look up the link and comment over there that the company is owned by Erik Prince. He just happens to be the brother of Betsy DeVos, Chairperson of the Michigan GOP and wife of Dick DeVos. Cronyism is alive and well among the band of thieves.

3:39:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Okay, this is my last comment - promise!

Here is the link to the Blackwater/DeVos connection I mentioned in case you're interested. Since this is an election year in Michigan, I'm trying to keep you educated on key people for future reference (even if Norm thinks you should keep your nose out of Michigan politics)!

3:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy, please never stop commenting. You're my single biggest supporter and source of encouragement. Not to mention I wouldn't know anything about Michigan politics if not for your fountain of knowledge. I'm in awe of your ability to find the pertinent links to any atrocity.

Thanks for the tip. That's killer info. It's funny, I've never set foot in Detroit, but I worry about the place nonetheless. I feel very connected to it, indeed I am connected to it in a hundred different relationships. My new doctor here is originally from Detroit.

I think DeVos would be a disaster for Michigan and I appreciate the ammunition to fight him.

4:24:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home