Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bad blogiquette

I've been blogging at the DetNews for about a year and a half now. I've mostly avoided talking about my co-bloggers but this is really bugging me. If this was the first time it happened, I would chalk it up to coincidence, but it's happened several times and this time it's just too obvious that my fellow leftie on the board is stealing my posts without credit. I mean read this and then look at what I posted yesterday and tell me I'm wrong.

I don't mind the stealing. If I ever get around to tweaking the template here, I'll add a creative commons license and I'm happy to have the links posted in Detroit as well. Since I try not to cross post much, I'm often torn over which blog to use to push a certain meme and I'm glad to get the links to those readers. But not to credit me as a source after I did the reading to find the links, really stinks. You would think a college professor who teaches journalism would know better. It's especially galling since she asked me to push her video post a while back since she "lost her special place of attention" at the top of the page for her video blogs after she couldn't deliver the content she promised in order to get it. Of course I helped her out. I don't think she's credited me even once.

Bad blogging etiquette. I hate that. A simple [via] would have sufficed. You know what I mean?
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Promise me something....if I ever fail to provide a hat-tip to you (or anyone else, for that matter) call me out on it.

I agree - blogging etiquitte does matter.

1:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home