Thursday, September 15, 2005

One nation, under God

I've been staying out of the latest brouhaha over the Pledge of Allegiance, mainly because I have other things on my mind and really have nothing new to add to the discussion.

However reader KS, (who has been with me for so long, I feel like she's a friend even though I don't know her real name), left this comment at DetNews to another blogger's post on the subject that was so brilliant, I want to pass it on.
I don't find the reference to God in the pledge offensive because I am a Christian, but I do find it odd that people are only fighting about words that have religious conotations. What about the other words in the Pledge:

One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Our country is more divided than I can ever remember, and liberty and justice seem to be commodities that the highest bidder can buy. Shouldn't we as Americans be more concerned about those words? Liberty and justice - they're not just for people who believe in God.
Amen. I often wonder why KS doesn't have her own blog.
Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words. I've thought about blogging, but decided to let people like you fight the GOOD fight. Keep up the good work, and I'll keep putting my 2 cents in!

BTW, my name is Kathy.

10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home