Wednesday, February 27, 2013

On the scene at Rosa Parks dedication

The photos from the Rosa Parks statute dedication are rolling in now. This is a great capture from the pre-ceremony mingling on the floor. Would love to know what was said in this conversation.


[Pete Souza/White House photo]

It appears our hapless Speaker John Boehner can throw some shade of his own, but he has nothing on Obama in that department. Meanwhile, no photo-op is complete without the requisite "kissing babies" shot.


[photo via HuffPo]

The little guy is a 3-year-old relative of Rosa Parks. Lot of subtext to that moment.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cool past couple of posts. Like!

5:23:00 PM  
Blogger Marcellina said...

"That little Islamofascist can already do the Sieg-Heil!", says some bitter obscure conservative blogger somewhere.
Seriously, though, I love these kid pics with Obama, how they go right for the hair. My head tells me these children are too young to be thinking "Are you really like I am? Can I check to be sure?" And yet that seems to be what my eyes keep telling me.

5:21:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Thanks Joe, and Marcellina that's exactly what happens to me too. Not sure they're too young to think it though. Maybe just too young to say it out loud.

12:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home