Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Obama throws a side-eye at Boehner on Capitol Hill

One of the few benefits of being an obscure little blogger is I get to shamelessly steal Charles Dharapak's photos and the AP probably won't sue me. This one is surely photo of the day. Taken at Rosa Parks statue dedication at the Capitol today. I believe the kids are calling this "throwing shade" these days.



[Charles Dharapak for AP photo]

Obama's side-eye is priceless but what I loved best is that Boehner is holding Nancy Pelosi's hand. Charles tells me it's because after Pelosi spoke, Boehner took her hand when she sat down. Which is not as funny as the vision I had of Nancy comforting poor little Johnny while tries to hold it together by holding his hand through the whole ceremony. (Wide shot here)

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger merlallen said...

She's trying to stop him from crying. Maybe his wife or mother told her to do that when he started tearing up. I think that's what the side eye was about, Obama's just seeing if he's crying yet.

1:07:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

If I was him, I would never stop crying. He's in a very unhappy place in life, even if it is self-inflicted.

11:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home