Saturday, October 03, 2009

Amazing Science


I got lost on the internets the other night. Instead of posting here, I spent well over an hour reading all the links at this science blog, The Blue Element. The graphic is from this article about physically moving atoms -- one at a time. Somebody handplaced those to write the words. Astounding.

Lots more interesting stuff there, like this gallery of rare clouds and I also especially like the link to the guy who believes we'll be uploading our brains to computers by mid-century while our android overlords fix all the stuff we broke in the environment. If you like science geekery, definitely check this guy out.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

That seems to be expecting a lot of our android overlords. Maybe something with chewing gum and baling wire, as my dad used to say.

3:21:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Yeah, the utopian guy was a little out there, but I love people of visions. It was rather a cheerful prediction among the gloom and doom one customarily finds. :)

3:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Larkspur said...

If I were a youngster again, and not quite so dumb as I was the first time around, I'd have figured out a way to stay in college, and eventually I would have become a cloudologist, for I do love clouds.

Or I might have become an epidemiologist. I do not love epidemics, but boy howdy, the field is interesting.

9:18:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Me too Larkspur. I've been fascinated with weather phenomenon all my life.

10:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home