Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Leonard Cohen live

Thanks to Monkeyfister for passing this link on to an NPR recording of Leonard Cohen's recent concert. His recommendation says it all:
Immaculately recorded and produced. Just audio, but the best live recording ever, from my Union Stagehand point-of-view. I am a TOTAL maven of performance quality, and I hope you'll take me up and listen to this. It is stunning. An hour and fifteen minutes of some of the finest recorded live music you will ever here. It's so pure.
Even if you're not a Leonard Cohen fan, the production values on the recording really are stunning and the back up singers will break your heart. I had intended to just listen to the first cut and then bookmark it but I couldn't turn it off and I'll listen to it again. By the end of it I was dancing right off my chair.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger --mf said...

Thank you, Libby,

I, too, thought I'd click to listen casually to this show, and go along my merry way... But, THIS RECORDING is too strong to be treated lightly.

This here is magic put to music.

Cheers!

--monkeyfister

9:00:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey mf, thanks again for passing this link on. Hours of listening pleasure here.

10:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home