Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Another blogger dies

I don't read Kos much so I don't know kwickkick, but Joe at TMV tells me he was a prolific poster there. Before he died, he left a message asking we help Obama succeed. These lines stood out for me.
I know we will have differences. Put them aside. It is so easy to focus on where we don't agree and to lose the big picture. Fight until we win. Fight until there are jobs and healthcare and peace. Then we can begin arguing about the details. Be sure to remember the forest. It is the most important thing.
A timely reminder. Sometimes the clamor of Blogtopia and the 24/7 media machine really gets to me. I wonder what the point of it all is, and worry we do obsess about the little stuff too much to the detriment of the big goals. Impending death surely focuses one's attention on what's really important. Rest in peace kwickkick.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The strain of living in Bush's America for eight years takes yet another life.

Terry C, Glad Bush Is Gone!

2:42:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Terry. Thanks for stopping by. He actually died of cancer but I don't doubt the stress contributed to his demise.

5:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home