Sunday, December 07, 2008

Shineski's star rises

Finally. An appointment I can unequivocally cheer. Obama names Gen. Shinseki as VA chief. Good for the interests of veterans and a fitting reward for Shinseki's courageous honesty at the beginning of the Iraq folly that cost him his job at the time.
"When I reflect on the sacrifices that have been made by our veterans and I think about how so many veterans around the country are struggling even more than those who have not served -- higher unemployment rates, higher homeless rates, higher substance-abuse rates, medical care that is inadequate -- it breaks my heart, and I think that General Shinseki is exactly the right person who is going to be able to make sure that we honor our troops when they come home," Obama told NBC News' Tom Brokaw in a interview taped for broadcast today on "Meet the Press."
This is the kind of change and support for the troops I can believe in.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

I don't envy the man a job like that, but I do enjoy thinking that the ex-military Republitards I hang out with are going to have a very hard time keeping up the pretense that Democrats all wear ballet shoes and lace underwear and will simply disband the military.

12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

That should be fun indeed, Fogg and you certainly deserve some for braving that crowd.

2:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home