Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The face of the 'angry left'

Interacting on the intertubes is a lot like working at the law firm for me. I spent most of my days on the phone, often developing rich relationships with various court clerks, lawyers and even long distance clients that I would never meet in person. Over time you form an image of what that person might look like and on the occassions when you do finally meet them in person, they rarely resemble the person you envisioned and it's clear by their reaction I never was what they expected either. I think I sound younger and sexier on the phone.

I'm not sure it's better to find out, but if you ever wondered what Chris Bowers of Open Left really looks like, he has a clip of his appearance on Hardball this morning. Apparently, the media has designated him as the spokesman for the disgruntled progressives who are unhappy with the direction of Obama's cabinet appointments.

He actually didn't look so different from what I imagined he might look like, but I was surprised to find out he's shy since he speaks so forcefully on his blog.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

His darting eyes are distracting (and he doesn't know to look directly into the camera).

OTOH, shyness on camera but aggressiveness in print makes perfect sense (maybe he's even a closet narcissist too).

Of course, cephalopods don't have that problem. They're more like a cat and do whatever pleases them.

4:41:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Apparently the eye thing is a congential condition and probably part of the reason he's shy.

4:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home