Monday, October 13, 2008

All in the family

This interview with Levi, the teenage daddy of Bristol Palin's baby, is unremarkable really. The same story could be told somewhere in Anywhere, USA tonight. I found this part most interesting.
The young man said he wasn't an expert on politics by any stretch. Asked about Barack Obama, he replied: "I don't know anything about him. He seems like a good guy. I like him."

Johnston didn't register in time to vote, according to the Mat-Su Division of Elections Office in Wasilla. But he's still rooting for John McCain and Sarah Palin.

"I just hope she wins," he said. "She's my future mother-in-law. She better win."
But not with his vote. I have a feeling a lot of Palin's fan base aren't registered either. I'm thinking these guys I see who are drolling in front of the stage really aren't there for the politics. They aren't going to show up at the polls when they finally realize you can't call in your vote to a certain phone number.

[More posts daily at The Newshoggers and The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger BadTux said...

What? You're saying they're showing up because they think Palin is totally, like, MILF-y? Horrors!

I hang out on a forum where there's a small collection of wingnuts. They're getting completely discouraged and resorting to a ridiculous number of tin-foil-hat conspiracy theories where Obama is a secret Muslim, a secret Marxist, a secret Arab, and probably a tentacle monster from the planet Arcturus all at the same time, but it's all being hidden from the American public by the American media (also apparently dominated by tentacle monsters from planet Arcturus) and it's all a giant CONSPIRACY, y'see. I think the tin foil hat must be the official wingnut head gear this year. Not that it ever *hasn't* been. But they're getting pretty... wingnutty... lately. Desperation, I guess.

- Badtux the Mildly Amused Penguin

2:40:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey badtux. I also hang in a forum with a fair number of wingers and their desperation is more than apparent. Hell, the desperation by the A-list wingers is pretty amusing too.

9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home