Sunday, March 09, 2008

Maybe I should just go back to bed

By Libby

I'm seriously considering just going back to bed and not blogging at all today. I woke up to discover they changed the bloody clocks again and nobody warned me. I hate when they change the time. It takes me two weeks to adjust. Then I click over to Memorandum and saw my name taken in vain on the Featured Posts sidebar. Thankfully, it's dropped off already but it seems Karl at Protein Wisdom decided to rag on me today. He says I'm "willfully ignorant" because I have this idea that Hispanics will vote for either Democrat over McCain. Oh, and I'm stupid because I think mathematical modeling is boring.

Well, there's nothing willful about my ignorance. Like my dyslexia, I was born with it, and work daily to overcome it. Furthermore, he did a lousy job of refuting my theory. He can't find anything but wishful thinking in right wing rags and a poll that doesn't support his premise, so he discounts it. Not that I care what Karl says about it, or me, really, I'm just not in the mood to be trading barbs today. I would have preferred that he decide to attack me on a day that I would enjoy a good fight.

Oh and on top of all that, I just discovered by backwards Bush clock developed a glitch and is now telling me there are 715 days left to this disastrous administration. Talk about depressing. I really hope that's not an omen.

On the bright side, it's a little chilly but it is a bright sunny day. Maybe I'll go for a walk instead.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Carol Gee said...

"Happy New Year," Libby. I'm glad you stayed up. Good post. BTW my "Backwards Bush" clock said 316 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes and 46 seconds 'till The Day. The cost of the war counter was whizzing along so fast I had to estimate: $501,082,498,506.
Regards from your co-blogger, Carol

2:35:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Carol. Thanks for the kind words and the update. Damn that Bush clock is sure moving slow...

4:44:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Protein wisdom? I prefer carbohydrate credibility. It's always easier to rant than to argue and to find fault rather than to be intelligent, but what do I know - this is my brain on Cheese Doodles. You are what you eat, you know.

5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. I rarely check their comment section when they diss me, as they do occassionally, but I see you left a pearl of wisdom.

Priceless.

I also thought it interesting that he didn't get a more positive response. I think the neonuts might really be dying out.

6:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home