Sunday, October 14, 2007

Waxing nostalgic - Bad boys edition

By Libby
Updated below

My entire CD collection is comprised pretty much of dead people, defunct bands and local singer-writers. I lost interest in popular music in about the mid-70s. I don't know why exactly. I guess after living through music like this, everything else feels pale and contrived.



I stumbled across this while I was looking for something else but I couldn't pass it up. These are four of the most important players of the era. It's not every day you see John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards and Mitch Mitchell together on stage and actually the song fit my mood better than the one I was looking for.

What I was really looking for was this, which can't be embedded, but it's one of my all time favorite songs by the [second] best three man band in the history of music, the Cream. I should make it the theme song of this blog. Politician.

Update: Ah, you know what they say about the 60s. Nolocontendere reminds me in comments that Jimi Hendrix Experience was only a three man band. I've thus revised the post since Hendrix beats Clapton by a mile.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

10 Comments:

Blogger nolocontendere said...

"Best three man band", ummmm, may be debatable. I'd give a slight edge to Jimi Hendrix Experience, but that's just my tastes.

11:15:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Was the Experience only three? I didn't remember that. I'd have to agree with Nolo. They were better than Cream. Hendrix beats Clapton by a mile.

11:22:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

After the revolution, Purple Haze will be the National Anthem.

9:05:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Fogg. That would work for me.

11:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimi was an incredible musician, but my all time favorite is still Clapton. They both were incredibly talented but Clapton wins for longevity. I've been following him since the Bonnie & Delaney days. I got to see him in concert once, we managed to cop floor seats six rows back, it was great! Gee,Lib, did you ever wonder why I named my son Eric? :)

1:21:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL. I never made the connection. I assumed it was a family name on H's side of the family.

I still Jimi was better by the way. He was a groundbreaker but that's not to say that Clapton isn't also a great musician.

3:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimi was an innovator, but Clapton's slow hand is legendary. But I bow to Hendrix's genius.

6:10:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Well I have to Clapton cred for having lived through the era without killing himself with drinking and drugging.

Either way, they just don't make musicians like them anymore. The new stuff is all noise and gimmicks.

8:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now, on that, we both agree!

9:28:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Nolo.

11:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home