Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Virtual mind melding

By Libby

Okay this is just deadly. I was instantly addicted to google image labeler. It's a sort of game they're promoting to chart what labels people put on images.

The basic deal is you're partnered with an anonymous person who is also on line. You're shown an image and you have to enter labels at your end. When you both match on one, you get points and a new image. It took me a couple of tries to figure out the logistics. I was entering all the labels at once with commas instead of clicking on the label button after the entry on the first try so my partner was probably disgusted with me. And I choke a little on the typing when I'm under pressure for speed, so I spent too much time fixing typos, but in three tries I managed a high score of 640.

You get to see what your partner wrote after the game is over, by far the most interesting part. Just what I needed. Another way to waste time. Fair warning. If you try it, you might not want to stop. [Hat tip - Tits]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Swampcracker said...

I didn't click on that Goodgle Labeling game (no time today), but I thought, when you strip away all political content, that is what trolls do anyway.

5:01:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

BTW, today's word verification anagram is: KOWNWV. See, its got two 'Dubyas' in it. Oh dear!

5:04:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

LOL Eco. That's one way to look at it.

I'm not sure I get the connection on the word verify.

6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Swampcracker said...

Dubyas

I thought word verification was trolling me.

7:38:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Oh. Sometimes I think it does. ;=}

8:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home