Thursday, February 01, 2007

White House ramps up anti-Iran rhetoric

It's astounding that our military can state with such certainty that they've traced weapons to Iran through the use of serial numbers but can't seem to keep track of our own guns and armaments using the same method. It was only a few weeks ago that reports revealed "the American military did not even take the elementary step of recording the serial numbers of nearly half a million weapons provided to Iraqis, the inspector general found, making it impossible to track or identify any that might be in the wrong hands." But we're supposed to believe they have records of Iranian serial numbers?

Meanwhile, Bush is massing air power in the Gulf and has stepped up surveillance flights along the Iran/Iraq border. It becomes more obvious by the day that Bush intends to get his war on with Iran and the closer Congress comes to rescinding his war powers, the more likely he will claim it necessary to make a first strike against some manufactured or imagined threat in order to keep them.
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Good point. This is deja vue all over again. They're manufacturing the evidence to justify their actions.

I've been checking your blog everyday and thought you hadn't updated since the weekend, which I found odd. Well, I cleared my "private data" on the tool bar and, lo and behold, saw a weeks worth of posts. I don't know why that happened since I haven't had a problem anywhere else. Sigh...I'm getting too old to deal with this new-fangled stuff. ;-)

Anyway, I wanted to tell you I've been following the post about you over at Michigan Liberal. You have quite a fan base, which is well-deserved. Please, don't ever stop blogging at the News. You're the only one capable of keeping those wingnuts in line!

10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. We didn't expect the Iraqis to sell their own weapons on the black market. Or take them directly to the militias. So we failed to write down all the serial numbers. Its one of those things where if they'd thought about it ahead of time it would have been really easy to fix, but realizing after the fact is way too late.

But we always keep a close eye on our enemies, so I wouldn't be surprised at all that we'd have their serial numbers.

At least have something more than speculation before you claim you've debunked something, please.

10:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

after FOUR years all the sudden there are these problems with iran? I dont buy it for a second.

12:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anonymous said, "we didn't expect" and "we failed." You should have said the Bush administration didn't expect and the Bush administration failed. They've been in control since the start of this mess, so they should have used their collective brains to think about every possibility.

This is becoming a pattern with them - New Orleans, global warming, etc. Is there anything they do right?

2:37:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Hey Kathy. I've been having weird problems like that too. I blame DHS. I think their keystoker is screwing up my systems. ;-}

I was surprised to find I had fans at ML but was glad Christine sent me the link. Nice bunch of folks and I know a few of them.

Anon 1 - I'm not debunking anything. Just speculating and making general observations. But considering the number of arms we "lost" I find it hard they've never found one of our guns in enemy hands. Wouldn't that make us complicit in arming the terrorists as well?

Lester, it's clearly a ploy to justify taking some kind of action in the near future. I can feel it coming.

Anon 2 - well said.

8:16:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home