Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A good man is hard to find

Well this may be the first time the stats hit the majority but the trend of single women has been building for decades. I bet it was 20 years ago that I read somewhere there are 3 single women to every single man in America. I think it was couched in terms of having a better chance of being hit by a meteorite than getting remarried once you hit 38 back then. The only difference now is that fewer women remained single by choice.

At my age the odds of finding the perfect companion are pretty much astromonical so I'm single by choice and circumstance I guess. I'm such an odd duck that it would a very rare bird to mesh into my life at this point and I figure the world some old maids anyway. Kind of nice to know I have so much company.
Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do I understand correctly that the majority of women lives outside marriage, with no spouse. Does this include "life long" partners who are not recognized as lawful partner?

4:55:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I don't think life long partners are included as married in the stats so that certainly skews the result.

11:10:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home