Monday, April 08, 2013

Annette Funicello died today

I'm very sad Annette Funicello is gone and so is just about everybody else on my interwebs. Lots of guys confessing she was their first crush. Of course for me, it was all about the Mouseketeers. She was one of my all time favorites on the show. Used to watch it every day. Loved her roles in the ongoing serial stories more than the musical numbers but those are too long to embed. So I'll post this as a tribute to her memory. I was probably too young to remember watching this when it first aired, yet somehow it seems hauntingly familiar.



I liked the beach blanket movies but didn't really follow her career after that. Actually didn't even know she had MS. But in reading the obits, apparently she was just as great a role model for civil society in real life as she was in her acting roles. The world is a poorer place for her loss. RIP.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home