Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The complete, unedited Romney fundraiser tapes

By now you've probably seen Mother Jones release of the complete Romney tapes from his fateful fundraiser. I'm going to post them here anyway, for archival purposes. Part One



Part Two



There was a small camera glitch in the recording so about two minutes of the entire speech are missing. This vital omission was immediately seized upon by the Might Hit Trolling Brigade of the far right as proof positive of O'Keefe inspired deceitful editing. The valiant keyboardists of Wingtopia thus declared the video thoroughly debunked. Much chest bumping among the ranks ensured. Unsurprisingly, this immediately triggered an avalanche of amusing snark on the #missing2min hashtag this afternoon.

The surprise find on the twitter today came from Atrios. I don't know who this old guy is, but his Piggie of the Week bit is worth watching.



Maybe it's just me. Sure he's a little too derivative but I ended up watching it all. I thought he was kind of cute. Maybe it's a generational thing.

Oh, and contrary to my earlier theory, it's now rather clear that the bartender did it.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Mule Breath said...

It's a bit strident but that kind of stuff is pretty unremarkable in this day. Unfortunately it blows it rather badly when the still that shows even before starting the video screws up the English language (your, you're). Rebuttals can't have errors like that is they are to maintain credibility. We've got to be better if we hope to keep winning.

11:20:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I didn't even notice the typo. I think the video is still pretty damning even with it.

I'm guessing few will spend the whole hour watching them. But even if they just watch a little, Rombot is so robotic. He's a terrible speaker. Thinking that even might turn off a few lower info voters.

Who knows what works and what doesn't, but I have to believe that this didn't help him except with the 27%ers. Who cheered of course.

9:50:00 AM  
Blogger Mule Breath said...

Perhaps I'm overly optimistic, but my feeling is that the 47% comment was simply the most recent in Romney's political coffin. Not quite ready to stick a fork in him, but very nearly.

7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home