Thursday, May 24, 2012

Guess who is coming around on health care

File this under things I never expected to see:
This isn't capitalism. It's rentier theft, using the power that doctors and hospitals have over patients to rip them off. And when the result of that is a massive distortion of the economy and a bankrupting of the federal government, it seems to me that government should step in. I'm beginning to wonder if, in the case of healthcare, the only way to advance fiscal conservatism is through a much more socialized medical system. When I first entered this debate, single-payer seemed the worst option to me. But the more I have understood, the saner it appears. If the free market cannot work in healthcare - and it has failed spectacularly in this country to provide even a semblance of value-for-money - then it may be time to grasp the nettle. ~Andrew Sullivan
If only he had come around to this ephiphany back when health care reform was being debated...

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home