Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life's little milestones

Not one who likes to boast, but I've been toiling away in varying degrees of total obscurity at this blogging thing for nine years and counting now. And I'm still not so jaded that a link in an establishment news site doesn't still give a me a little thrill. Discovered quite by accident yesterday that an old Detroit News post of mine was linked in both the WaPo and the WSJ.

No name check, just a bare link, but still it's encouraging to see my work spread even just a little beyond my usual venues. Jamelle, sitting in for Greg at The Plum Line linked me in at this sentence:
Instead, Gingrich argued in a news conference in January, Romney was a “vulture capitalist” who did more to extract wealth than create it:
Then that post was quoted in this WSJ blog along with the link. Pretty sure I've never been linked in either before so thanks Jamelle, fun to get two firsts in one day. Encourages me to keep this little hobby going.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger merlallen said...

great. i forget who linked to you that caused me to start reading you, it was a while ago.

8:59:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Always glad to see Merl. Nice to know I'm solely talking to myself and I appreciate your POV.

8:54:00 AM  
Blogger merlallen said...

i like your writing. keep it up

11:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home