Thursday, March 01, 2012

Andrew Breitbart is dead

I don't really have much to say about Breitbart's death. I'll admit my first thoughts were less than charitable and they haven't improved since, so for the most part, I'm trying to just ignore the memorials. I did read John Cole's take. He likes David Frum's obit and the clip he posted was good.

For myself, all I'll say is I was shocked at the news. I didn't realize he was that young. But otherwise, I've been ignoring him for years in the interests of keeping a healthy blood pressure and I'm not going to trash him in death. For one thing, I know he would like that and I refuse to feed his ego even to the grave. So I'll just leave you with John Cole's thoughts on Breitbart's legacy:
In my estimation, Breitbart was far more damaging to the causes he claimed to support than he was to “teh left.” He got a few scalps, but he was one of the ringleaders fueling the insanity in the current right-wing circus. He’s as much an architect of the tea party sickness infecting our body politic as anyone, so there really is no reason to trash the guy. His legacy does that by itself.
Yes. Yes it does.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin McKague said...

Agreed.

11:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home