Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Every which way but loose

When I heard Clint Eastwood's voice, I expected to hate the Chrysler ad. I'm probably one of ten people in the entire USA who isn't a fan of his movies. The only ones I really liked were the two with the orangutan. But damn if I didn't love this ad.



Brilliant messaging and killer imagery. Perfectly captured where we are as a country right at this moment. Can't deny that I loved it even more when I discovered it made Karl Rove cry. Been enjoying watching the cons heads explode, probably a little too much.

[More posts daily at the Detroit News.]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Marcellina said...

I'm probably one of ten people in the entire USA who isn't a fan of his movies.

Not even Million Dollar Baby? Gran Torino? Those are beautiful, thoughtful films, and nowadays he writes his own film music as well. I am a great admirer of him, although I never warmed to Dirty Harry or the westerns. He is one of our best film directors.

4:53:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Don't know that I saw those Marcellina. I was so put off by the Dirty Harry and western stuff that I just didn't watch his movies anymore. Maybe I'll give them a try some day.

Truth be told, I haven't been much of movie goer in a long time. Didn't live close to a theater for about 20 years off and on and I prefer the big screen to watching them on small ones.

10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home