Tuesday, July 19, 2011

True Grift

I hate to post about Griftzilla again, but I was amused by the reports that Palin's docudrama was a smash hit:
The film's distributor, ARC Entertainment, said the film averaged $5,000 per screen Friday and Saturday night, with sold-out screenings at several locations. ARC Entertainment said in a statement "... with the strong initial showing, the film is going to a wider release footprint later this month."
Somehow 5K per screen didn't sound like that impressive a take to me. It appears I'm not the only one who was amused. TBogg crunched the numbers and figures it works out to an average of 60 people per showing. Looks to me like the promoters don't want to admit it's a dog and, as the saying goes, are going to lose their shirts.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home