Saturday, April 16, 2011

Atlas Slugged

I haven't been that interested in seeing this movie, and now, after Roy Edroso reviewed Atlas Shrugged, I don't have to. Best movie review. Ever. This was my favorite part:
OK, it's ridiculous, but no more so than Rand's The Fountainhead, out of which King Vidor, Gary Cooper and Patricia Neal made a silly and operatic but perfectly entertaining film.

That was what I hoped for as I watched the thing last night, because as much fun as it is to slag rotten movies, it is much better to be surprised by a good one, especially when you've reached the stage in life where two hours in front of a stinker sets you dreaming of the warm couch and leftover sesame chicken that you left back home. But it is my great regret to inform you that Atlas Shrugged: Part I is neither good nor good-bad, but bad-bad-bad-bad. I dreamed, not of sesame chicken, but of my own swift and merciful death, and that of the director, not necessarily in that order. It is not a pleasurable surprise, not a hoot, nor an outrage; it is Rand's granite crushed, reconstituted, and spread across the screen with steamrollers.

If you're thinking of springing for the ticket price -- well -- read the whole review first. [via]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home