Friday, October 08, 2010

HoJo has gotta go

You know I've come to loathe polls. I think they've contributed greatly to the trivializing of our political discourse. I avoid linking them on the premise it only encourages them to do more, but I just can't resist this poll on Joe Lieberman:
A new Public Policy Polling survey finds "there's one thing Democrats, Republicans, and independents in Connecticut agree on: they want this to be Joe Lieberman's last term in the US Senate. Only 24% of voters in the state say they would vote to reelect Lieberman in 2012 to 66% who say they will vote to replace him. Majorities of Democrats (72%), independents (63%), and Republicans (61%) alike say it's time to swap out Lieberman for someone new."
If only they had figured that out in 06, it might have changed a lot of outcomes in the Senate that HoJo screwed up with his prima donna theatrics. Thinking particularly of the Medicare early buy-in that he single-handedly blocked, but better late than never. Much as I hate to take pleasure in other's misfortunes, this is one downfall I'll be happy to see.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home