Friday, April 02, 2010

Obama vs. Limbaugh

The far right has been all atwitter about Obama's interview where he was asked an inane question about whether he was "aware of the level of enmity that crosses the airwaves and that people have made part of their daily conversation about him."

Mr. Obama replied, "Well -- I mean, I think that -- when you've listened to Rush Limbaugh or Glen Beck it's …"

"It's beyond that," Smith interjected.

"It's pretty - apparent," the president continued, "and -- it's troublesome. But -- you know, keep in mind that there have been periods in American history where this kind of -- this kind of vitriol comes out. It happens often when -- you've got an economy that is making people more anxious and people are feeling that there's a lot of change that needs to take place. But that's not the vast majority of Americans.
As you can imagine, Wingnuttia exploded with indignation. The Blimpbaugh railed on his radio show:
Never in my life have I seen a regime like this, governing against the will of the people, purposely. I have never seen the media so supportive of a regime amassing so much power. And I have never known as many people who literally fear for the future of the country."
Well, when your fan base is comprised mainly of uneducated, easily manipulated, gullible fools I guess that's true enough. I suppose they all were sleepwalking through the 00s.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin McKague said...

Most people aren't insane. A growing number of Americans hear stuff like that Rush quote and recognize it for exactly what it is. It is nothing more than the paranoid delusional rants of a man paid large sums of money to spread fear.

As long as Rush is the de-facto leader of the GOP, the Democrats' majority is safe for a while.

8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I think that too Kev. The loud ones are the nuts and the louder they get, the smaller the group. What scares me is the more the group shrinks, the crazier they get. And they have guns. LOTS of guns. And ammo.

10:54:00 PM  
Blogger Kevin McKague said...

The guns scare me too, and I'm not so naive to think they won't ever use them.

One thing that strikes me is how these groups like the one just caught in Michigan, just like Timothy McVeigh, believe that their crazy plan will instigate a large insurrection against the govt. They all imagine that there are more like minded nuts than there really are. Of course, they're wrong, but it doesn't make the initial crime any less horrific.

The fact that the feds were tipped off to the Hutaree group by the Michigan Militia just confirms my belief.

2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"Never in my life have I seen a regime like this, governing against the will of the people, purposely. I have never seen the media so supportive of a regime amassing so much power"

I guess he was too zoned out on vicodin for 8 years to notice the Bush administration, or just too busy eating puppies and kitty cats to realize that Obama won an election and in part because the voters were sick of Bush's power grab and because the vast majority wanted health care reform. So much power? Look at how difficult it was to persuade his own party to back him.

As usual, the bigger the lie, the better.

You know, even if I indulge in hyper-hyperbole, I can't find words adequate to describe him.

2:14:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Limbaugh is a menace to civil society. It's irresponsible cretins like him that inspire the wackos and lead to believe they're really a majority.

2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home