Friday, April 02, 2010

CNN's new hire

If CNN thinks hiring Erick Erickson is going to raise their tanking ratings, they should probably rethink it. Their "drive the agenda" pundit, after excusing his previous ill mannered remarks about Souter being a goatfucker and beating legislators to a pulp as being just a quirk of not having grown up yet, had this to say about the census on his personal podcast since then:
I’m not filling out this form. I dare them to try and come throw me in jail. I dare them to. Pull out my wife’s shotgun and see how that little ACS twerp likes being scared at the door. They’re not going on my property. They can’t do that. They don’t have the legal right, and yet they’re trying.
I've never heard Erik speak before. His commentary is cliched and ill-informed, as in completely wrong stupid, but even worse his voice is awful. Not quite up to Palin's screechy twang, but high pitched, somewhat slurred and whiny.

Astounding that CNN thinks this is way to save their station. They seem to have been caught up in the same misapprehension that all the tradmed execs fall victim to, that being a schmuck with a high traffic blog translates into actual reach or viewers. They don't get that most of his blog fans are illiterate knuckledraggers who probably don't even watch news shows.

Speaking of which, I discovered I get BBC News on the local public access station. They had actual news. About the world. Nothing about the inside gossip factory we now call The Village. Funny, I was thinking as I watched it, that this is what CNN used to be like when I tuned in for most of any day.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home