Friday, April 16, 2010

For What It's Worth

The best protest song -- ever. Kind of works for the tea party tantrums, but in reverse.



Didn't get back here last night because I was on the phone with a long lost friend and we had a lot of catching up to do, but I have a couple of good links if you're interested in how the tea party went. I'm kind of burning out on the whole thing myself. I have a feeling the movement will implode long before November except for the GOP front group Tea Party Express.

For instance there was supposed to be a big demonstration in my little city yesterday from 1:00-4:00. It was organized by some local radio shock jock who told the local press it was going to be big. I strolled down with my camera at about 2:30 and there wasn't a soul there. In fact there wasn't any sign that it even happened and there's nothing in the local paper about it, at least not on line.

The local fail aside, the DC event went on as planned, though I've heard it wasn't as big as the last one. Certainly the breathless media coverage has been toned down a bit as well. Much as I hate to link to WaPo, they posted some good interviews with the protesters. Astounding to see a lawyer expound such deluded views. It does take a certain amount of intelligence to pass the bar, yet this guy was talking just like any kool-aid soused FoxBot. Why don't these people ever fact check?

The other most interesting piece is this short video of counter-demonstrators marching through the tea party with a sign thanking President Obama for the tax cuts that 98% of Americans received. I find it especially telling that these teabag thugs who want everyone to listen to them are so intolerant of anyone who disagrees with them that they hound them off publicly held land with threats of violence. It's their protest. Apparently only their dissent is patriotic - or something. Yet they wonder why normal people accuse them of being clueless and selfish.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"Yet they wonder why normal people accuse them of being clueless and selfish."

I guess I'm not normal. I accuse them of being seditious and insane -- and that's only the beginning.

1:05:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Well that too Fogg, among a few hundred more qualifiers.

1:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home