Monday, December 07, 2009

ACORN Employees Stupid but Not Criminals

They conducted an investigation into the ACORN employees that were caught up in Breitbart's little video sting operation. Former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger, who held the office when I lived there and was a friend of one of the attorneys at my old law firm, reviewed the tapes. He found no evidence that the employees violated any federal laws or otherwise did anything illegal. Just that they acted stupidly. Not that I'm judging them for that. I've done some stupid things myself. But more interesting, and I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn this, Breitbart lied when they insisted the footage was raw and unedited.
"The videos that have been released appear to have been edited, in some cases substantially, including the insertion of a substitute voiceover for significant portions of Mr. O'Keefe's and Ms.Giles's comments, which makes it difficult to determine the questions to which ACORN employees are responding," Harshbarger said.
Chuck Johnson at LGF excerpts the Politico coverage with more, so you don't have to give them a link.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I hope you don't mind that I posted a piece of this on my Facebook page Libby. I didn't have enough space to credit your blog with the story though.

3:08:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

It's all good Truth, as long as the stories get out there to the people, that's the important thing.

4:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home