Tuesday, November 24, 2009

End Fox Noise

I've been neglecting my blogroll lately but thanks to Avedon, I didn't miss Ruth's excellent piece on how to end Fox Noise's infiltration into our public spaces. She's got some great advice on how to avoid being assaulted by their spew when you're traveling.

I'd note that Kevin is way ahead on this mission. He's on the road a lot and he won't spend money anywhere that has Fox running on a teevee in the place. More importantly, he tells the proprietor before he walks out that this is why he won't patronize their premises. It's the little things like this that add up. Thanks to both of them for showing us the way.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

6 Comments:

Blogger Kevin McKague said...

Yep, that's what I do, always politely, of course.

Flying J is a company that always plays FOX news in every one of their stores. They mainly sell diesel to truckers, but also sell gasoline, so all drivers should feel free to click the link below to contact them and tell them that you won't spend money in their stores as long as they play FOX.

http://www.flyingj.com/flyingjPortalWebProject/flyingjPortal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=flyingjPortal_portal_page_46

3:32:00 AM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

If you think Fox noise is bad, how about NBC (think MSNBC) bought out by Comcast (think CONcast).

That means bye, bye, Rachel Maddow, Keith Olberman, and liberal news (link).

8:47:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Don't think I've seen a Flying J around here but I love that you do this. Thanks for the link.

Octopus, it's getting so there's nothing worth watching on teevee. I didn't get cable here and haven't really missed it much in the last six months.

10:50:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

PBS and BBC do excellent programming albeit with a strong truth bias.

I've been outraged by Fox in hotel lobbies and other places for years. Why I never thought to write, I don't know -- but I will!

11:35:00 AM  
Blogger Kevin McKague said...

Come to think of it, you know who else has a strong political bias? American Family Radio. They are more politically motivated than FOX, yet largely funded by the tax-exempt religious organization American Family Association, so they are tax-exempt.


http://action.afa.net/Radio/

12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I can sometimes get the local PBS stations here with my rabbit ears but it's weird. They're mostly local programming. None of the political shows. I do get one that does travel programs that's good though. And I get CBS and NBC I think sometimes but also local programming until late night. The only thing I miss is stuff like news conferences. And some of my old fav reruns like House and Cold Case on A&E.

6:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home