Wednesday, August 12, 2009

With a bullet in their head...

I have a long linky post at DetNews listing all the death threats and guns and such at the town hall meetings I've collected over the last few days. It's a long list. But I found this video to the most disturbing illustration so far, of the crazy that has taken over the far right.



The man in the white shirt with the megaphone is shouting:
“Why are we bankrupting this country for 21 million illegals who should be sent on the first bus one way back from wherever they come from. We don’t need illegals. Send them home once. Send them home with a bullet in their head the second time. Read what Jefferson said about the Tree of Liberty — it’s coming baby.”
Never a good sign when a guy like that starts calling you baby. But I'm just as struck by the woman, who bears a remarkable resemblence to Michelle Malkin from behind, calling Obama a dictator. Not the barest flicker of memory or recognition that under Bush they wouldn't have been allowed on the streets.

I have to tell you, I'm not easily frightened but these people are really starting to scare me. There is no proof you can show them to change their minds. In fact, if you show them proof that can't be refuted logically, they just call it a lie and get even crazier. A bill will be passed. No telling what they'll do then. I'm really starting to get scared.

[via Shakes]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Anonymous Kvatch said...

There's a reason they're called 'nutters'.

6:19:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

They are insane. I really don't remember it ever being this bad.

9:41:00 PM  
Blogger (O)CT(O)PUS said...

Libby, I read the comments under your DetNews post. Very disheartening indeed. This week, I have lost a few friends on the right, especially one whom I had befriended and defended from attacks from fellow conservatives who called her a RINO.

The true depth of depravity surrounding these attacks: A deliberate attempt to poison the well such that bipartisanship and civil debate will be forever DEAD.

Hurt, angry, disgusted, shocked ... these words hardly capture my feelings at the moment.

9:41:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm feeling pretty shell-shocked myself 8pus. It's all so crazy.

9:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home