Monday, August 31, 2009

Cheney's success story - updated with video

I've been pretty much keeping to my pledge not to read wingnuts or neoo-cons or any other rightwing asshats for at least nine months now. When I went to the doctor today, in spite of the fact I had only been taking half my BP meds for month because I was running out, I had the best reading I've had in years -- 130 over 80. Coincidence? I think not.

But I do read what others say about the people on my DNR list and Steve Benen gets quote of the day on Cheney's latest foray into revisionism.
Cheney thinks it was a sterling success when it came to national security and counter-terrorism. Perhaps there's something to this. After all, except for the catastrophic events of 9/11, and the anthrax attacks against Americans, and terrorist attacks against U.S. allies, and the terrorist attacks against U.S. troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Bush's inability to capture those responsible for 9/11, and waging an unnecessary war that inspired more terrorists, and the success terrorists had in exploiting Bush's international unpopularity, the Bush/Cheney record on counter-terrorism was awesome.
I hear Gibbs also had a great takedown at the WH presser today. Sorry I lost the link, but he effectively asked why anybody bothers to listen to Cheney anymore. It's a good question. Maybe the media could think up an answer to that one. We wouldn't have to listen to him if they stopped putting him on teevee.

Update: Video of Gibbs remarks.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger JoeBama "Truth 101" Kelly said...

I found that liars repeating the same lies over and over leads to their believing their lies. Unfortunatly this leads to bigots, homophobes and idiots believing them also.

I had guys I represented in disciplinary hearings get caught lying redhanded. Proven they were lying and still pass lie detector tests. Cheney thinks he's a great American hero along with G. Gordon Liddy and Alberto Gonzales. No amount of truth will ever convince him otherwise. The man successfully brain washed himself.

10:26:00 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Little kids caught in a lie behave the same way, digging themselves in deeper and deeper because they haven't got the maturity to face their own actions.

Just hope that shoulder is all taken care of now, Libby.

5:57:00 AM  
Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

"The man successfully brain washed himself."

Some brains are more easily washed than others. Personally, I'm dry clean only.

9:24:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Self-delusion is a powerful thing. I suppose the only way guys like Cheney can live with themselves is to believe the lies.

Ruth, he thinks the shoulder is just a strain. We're trying some medication for a couple of weeks since I clearly can't afford an MRI. Pills are helping with the pain, but making me a little goofy. Always a tradeoff.

10:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home