Monday, August 03, 2009

And the wall came tumbling down

Time for a little mental health break. I'm not a fan of action film explosions and crashes but oddly I do enjoy watching controlled building implosions. I'm always amazed at how they get the building to fold so precisely. I've never seen it fail until this video of building rolling over into the street instead of falling in on itself.

Quite astounding and since no one was hurt, amusing in an "OMG, did you see that" kind of way. Can you imagine what it was like to be living in the building it fell up against? That must have been a trip. And I couldn't help but think if it was built that well, maybe they should have rehabbed it.

Falling a smaller scale, via SoBeale, this is very cute. Human dominoes.

An especially amusing Doonesbury comic on the C Street House.

Haven't watched this yet but it looks good. A mini-documentary about the Rolling Stones.

And I can't remember if I posted this already, but in one of those moments of serendipity, I stumbled across Distant Gardens a photoblog based in my old haunts in the Happy Valley.

But this was the coolest link that fell across the radar today. Bobby McFerrin's Pentatonic Scale. The finale will knock your socks off.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels:

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home