Monday, July 27, 2009

Change for the worse

Okay, I finally tracked down the Palin speech video and this is going to take a while. I'm only as far as "suggesting apologetics" which is about three minutes in, and need a ROFLMAO break already. Is apologetics even a word? Mindboggling. Anyway, here's a few short links stolen from Eschaton, while I attempt to digest the speech.

I don't remember them starting out like this. In fact, I seem to recall liking their work when they launched, but it's true that at this point, Politico is nothing more than a Drudge baiting, GOP bulletin board.

Similarly, I don't remember Chuck Todd always being such a total putz. Neither do I remember if I ever posted the link to this transcript of his interview with Glenzilla, which proves he is now.

And I don't really understand the Wall St voodoo that well, but I know a scam when I see one. I can't it describe better than Jay Ackroyd did, so I'm just lifting his post.
Frontrunning, when human traders do it, is executing trades for your own or the brokerage account before executing a large customer trade you know will move the price. This is an illegal use of insider information.

Apparently, when Goldman uses extra fast computers to do the same thing, it is innovation!
Rather than, you know, a crime. Is this a great country or what?

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home