Saturday, March 14, 2009

No more secret holds

There's been some amount of discussion around the blogs lately about how the confirmation process for presidential nominess is hopelessly awkward and in need of some kind of reform. I agree, so I certainly hope this really happens.
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., is warning his colleagues that he will shine a light on any of them who try to hold up a nominee of President Barack Obama.
Leahy is saying he won't allow any more secret holds to be used to block votes on the nominees. Of course, I recall when Bush was in office, he burned us before with tough rhetoric and then caved when it came to voting, so I'm not holding my breath. On the other hand I can't think of a more opportune time for him to start walking his talk. Here's hoping he means it. [via buzzflash]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home