Sunday, February 01, 2009

Life is funny, but it's not a joke

Obama was reportedly a big hit at the Alfalfa soiree. It's supposed to be off the record but of course, there's always leaks and this was my favorite joke.
"I am seriously glad to be here tonight at the annual Alfalfa dinner. I know that many you are aware that this dinner began almost one hundred years ago as a way to celebrate the birthday of General Robert E. Lee. If he were here with us tonight, the general would be 202 years old. And very confused."
USA Today has more including a great one by the incoming Alfafa Club president. And Joe Gandelman thinks Obama needs to update his material and suggests some alternatives to get them rolling in the aisles. I have to admit I was doing a bit more wincing than roaring at some of these.

Meanwhile, the walking joke Joe Lieberman, shows his 'class.' Not funny.

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
Lieberman's Holocaust joke at the dinner last year went over surprisingly well. Considering.

The man may have a career as a shock-jock.
.

3:27:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'd like to see him sweeping streets where he can't poison the public discourse anymore, myself.

8:43:00 AM  
Blogger Cosa Nostradamus said...

.
I'd like to see him sweeping the air above the streets, swinging from a lamp-post by a rope around his scrawny neck. But that's just me.
.

9:25:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

I'm a non-violent type. A long life of poverty and deprivation would work for me.

10:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home