Saturday, January 17, 2009

Media Bytes - Emperor's New Clothes Edition

You can blame Steve Simels for the song in my head today. I'm addicted to his weekly Listomania contest.

Say hello to Brian Krenz who kindly linked to The Impolitic on his sidebar at Political Panorama and didn't even tell us. Some good stuff over there. I've added him to the sidebar. I'm also adding regularly to the Atriots section, so check it out if you're looking for new reading.

Meanwhile it's just a little more than two days before we can say goodbye to Bush at last. I'm sure I'm not the only one that's literally counting the minutes since he's going out with a approval rating at 22 percent.

Looking at Doonesbury's straw poll may offer a clue to those dismal numbers.

And TMV says it with pictures. I'm planning to clear out my photo file with a similar post probably tomorrow.

This is a Bush memorial that any DFH can approve of and what a striking study in contrasts.

Bush's handpicked Justice Alito shows his class. Those two are birds of feather.

More victims of the Bushenomic boom. Time was when failed Wall St types would jump out of buildings. Now they just try to disappear.

In the world of science, there is now proof of my theory that nothing is really absolute. They found a measureable blip in the space-time continuum. We may be living in a giant hologram.

Furthermore, I don't think it's aliens, but these lights in the sky are very cool.

This Obama Bacon Man video is also very cool. I loved it and I don't really like that kind of music that much.

And finally for a little eye candy, Andy has a beautiful tribute to his departed kitty and I loved this sunset picture.

[I forgot where these links came exactly but h/tips to various Atriots and I'm sure some of these came from Avedon. They always do.]

[More posts daily at The Detroit News.]

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

4 Comments:

Blogger Capt. Fogg said...

Planck length and Planck time are certainly not new concepts, but doesn't Ed Witten's M theory propose an 11th dimension - a two dimensional membrane on which every point in our universe has an address? Maybe I misunderstand, but with this kind of stuff, maybe it's forgivable.

Anyway it seems like a nehil novi moment and reminds me of the second century Buddhist philospher Nagarjuna and his idea of sunyata -- the emptiness of all things. He has always appealed to me. When you're out of Dharma, you're out of truth, to paraphrase a 1960's beer commercial.

11:21:00 AM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Interesting. I passed the link on to some people yesterday and said sort of the same thing, that the descriptions remind me of the Castaneda Yaqui way descriptions of the true nature of the universe and that in turn reminds me of the Eastern beliefs in such stuff as kundalini energy.

In any event, I don't understand a word of the theory. I just think it's very cool that they found a blip in the same-time continuum. I've been saying for many years it out's there and negates the theory of the absolute value of numbers.

1:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hologram story is pretty cool. Back when I was into weird stuff, I read a lot of Jane Roberts. I don't believe this would really ontradict the Seth material.

3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

Over my pay grade DLB. I don't understand it, I just like reading about it.

6:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home