Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My mama voted for Obama

My mom and I have an odd relationship. I send her cards and flowers or whatever on the appropriate occassions, but we rarely talk -- as in almost never. It's a long story and not really worth going into but my sister talks to her rather regularly and tells me that not only did Mom vote for Obama, she defended him to some wingnut at her fundie church who was railing about the false claim that he's a communist.

I don't think I've ever been so proud of her. It may be time to rethink the relationship. I think I'm going to dip into my meager funds and call her up and thank her.

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger rockync said...

She would like that - even sending a card would do. Sometimes, on rare occasions, she amazes me. Still makes me nuts most of the time, but at least there is the occasional redemption...

12:36:00 PM  
Blogger Libby Spencer said...

She really made me proud Rocky. Who could have predicted...

1:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home